Your hue reflect the blue of the majestic curtain of the firmament above,
Mirroring your excitement, playing tickles with your cool depths of lively prism
Peace overwhelm me as I stare into the chasm of your soul
My feet push back at your gentle lapping, playfully at my toes like Fido,
tongue wagging, tail thumping
You reflect the peace that wash over me longingly, lovingly accepting your gentle movements
That could ripple and so soundlessly lift me far and away
- Is your busy lifestyle hindering you from preparing healthy meals? Then subscribe to the Domestic Geek. Here you will find recipes and meal prep tips on everything from smoothies, to salad in a jar and decadent deserts. The host’s upbeat attitude and fun way of preparing meals make this one of my favorite YouTube videos.
- Brendon.com is the YouTube channel for Brendon Burchard. Brendon is a life coach and self help guru with an amazing amount of energy and wisdom. With several New York Times bestsellers including, The Motivation Manifesto and The Charge, as well as over 4 million Facebook likes, well if you are not curious — what’s wrong with you? Just kidding. Check it out.
- “Spend less than you earn”. I heard this advice for the first time over a decade ago while listening to Anthony Robbins ‘ self help CD set “Get the Edge”. In the YouTube video Tony reviews how to end financial self-sabotage. If you are serious about financial security this video should probably be in your self help library.
- In this video, Dr. Mercola interviews Andrew Saul a.k.a. The Megavitamin Man. Saul is a big believer in large doses of vitamins instead of or in conjunction with destructive medications, to treat certain diseases and he has over 30 years of research to support his claim. He has several videos from which you can gather information about vitamins.
- Dave Ramsey’s Life, Money, Hope is a series of bible based teachings on handling money and having financial peace. Again if you are seeking financial freedom, you are missing a key piece from your arsenal if you do not watch this entire series. If you are not a believer in the bible, don’t let that deter you from listening. That will definitely be like throwing out the baby with the bath water.
I hope you enjoy this installment of 5 Link Friday. Let me know what you think about this installment, the videos you watch and about this series itself. I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment or question below. Thanks. JRF
Note: There are no affiliate links in this post.
This marks the first in a new series: 5 Link Friday. I will post five links to web pages I’ve been reading and/or that may have been of help to me. Hope you like it. Enjoy and share if you do. Hope you find them as helpful as I have.
Today, I’m sharing five websites that have helped shaped my beliefs about taking care of my mind and body. The authors of these sites and their guests have helped me understand how to chose good foods to put into my body. They also remind me that when it comes to my body, no one knows it like I do. Note: Not paid links.
The Truth About Cancer – Hear the experience of others who have suffered through this deadly disease. What causes cancer? Are we doomed to it’s effects? Is there a cure? Bit by bit you will uncover truths you never knew about this disease that has destroyed too many lives. You may also want to check out Chris Beats Cancer as well.
The Gabriel Method – Jon Gabriel, the author of the website has used his story of how he shed over 200 lbs mostly by using visualization to build a portfolio of helpful techniques that can guide you through your most difficult weight loss challenges. How long has it been since you’ve been trying to lose those extra pounds. Why not see if Jon can help?
Food Matters TV – Through this website I was able to connect with the most amazing doctor, Dr. Dana Cohan, an MD who is also a Naturapathic doctor. I’m a big fan of FM.TV, their paid subscription service – think Netflix for healthy living. James Colquhoun and Laurentine ten Bosch, the husband and wife team who are behind the movie Food Matters and Hungry for Change have stocked their websites with a wealth of invaluable information you can turn to again and again as you build knowledge and experience you can parlay into living a healthy lifestyle.
Check them out and let me know what you think. You can start with their 10 day free trial. I think you’ll be hooked!
Mercola.com – Whether I’m looking for high peat organic soil or in-depth information on high intensity exercise (HITT), Dr. Mercola’s website is a wealth of verifiable health information that has, along with other resources, have steered me towards a more healthy way of eating. Dr. Mercola probably deserves some credit for my recent very high HDL results. I find the information he doles out freely on his website to be very useful and sensible.
Longevity Warehouse – As organizer of one of the largest health conferences for women and well known raw food guru, David Wolfe has had an enormous impact on the way I think about food. Although he didn’t coin the phrase, I learned “make food thy medicine and medicine they food” from him. His favorite mantra I think is “you are what you eat”. So if you are starving for tried and true techniques on how to develop a healthy way of living, check out his website. This particular site is more for selling products such as raw cacao and high ORAC scoring coffee. But you will also find videos of recipes and of his conferences.
I’m very pleased to have become acquainted with the above websites. There are several more that I could list here but I think you will find a wealth of information as I have by visiting the above ones. Thanks for reading and sharing.
Have a great weekend! JRF
This is my command – be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 (NLT)
Many of us have made resolutions for the New Year. It’s our thing to do each year.
And although there are many pundits bemoaning the dismal statistics of how many people fail to live up to their own expectations, I say, be strong.
You are not alone. You can still live up to your own ideals.
Even if we do not achieve our goals 100%, we should still try.
There is nothing wrong with hope springing eternal. It means we are alive. And it means we want to keep living.
Living more productive lives.
So, my encouragement today is to be strong and courageous.
You are not alone.